Borrowing and Returning of Library Materials
UP Manila constituents can borrow materials from any of the libraries in the UP system.
The number of items you can borrow depends on your status and the loan category of the item. A range of categories are used to facilitate the most effective use of our collections. Please refer to the tables below.
You must have your library validated University ID card with you to borrow items from the library.
If an item has been reserved for you, it will be held at the Circulation Desk.
Items can be returned at the Circulation Desk.
|User Categories||No. of Items|
|Types of Materials||Loan Periods|
|General Circulation||14 days (renewable, once)|
|Reference||Room Use Reading Only|
|Thesis & Dissertations||Room Use Reading Only|
|Special Collection||Room Use Reading Only|
|Journals & Periodicals||Room Use Reading Only|
- You are responsible for ensuring that items are returned or renewed on or before the due date.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that it will be possible to renew items. If items have been reserved by another user, they must be returned on due date. Fines will apply if items are not returned on due date.
- Any borrowed item may be recalled at any time. Fines will apply if items are not returned by the amended due date.
- Please remember that you are responsible for all items borrowed on your account until they are returned and cleared off your record.
- If items become overdue while issued to you we will send a courtesy reminder by email or post informing you.
- If you fail to return them at this stage a second overdue message will be sent and your record will be blocked for borrowing and renewal.
- If you still fail to return items you will be billed for their replacement cost.
- Notices are a courtesy and non-receipt does not exempt the borrower from overdue fines or charges.