OPEN ACCESS ELECTRONIC BOOKS
Open access (OA) refers to free, unrestricted online access to research outputs such as journal articles and books. OA content is open to all, freely available for viewing and/or use with no access fees.
» Directory of Open Access Books
- DOAB is a discovery service that points to Open Access books that can be found elsewhere. It enables you to search the description of the books and enables you to download the books from the site of the publisher. All books in DOAB have a full OA license, making them 'free to share'. All publishers in DOAB are screened for their peer review procedures and licensing policies.
InTech is a pioneer and world's largest multidisciplinary open access publisher of books covering the fields of Science, Technology and Medicine. Since 2004, InTech has collaborated with more than 82935 authors and published 2182 books and 7 journals with the aim of providing free online access to high-quality research and helping leading academics to make their work visible and accessible to diverse new audiences around the world.
» MSRI Books
MSRI Books A series of Mathematical Sciences Research Institute Publications from Cambridge University Press. The full text of new books is available a few months after publication.
» National Academies Press
- National Academies Press Over 4000 titles from the US National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council are available to download. The free pdfs are available exclusively from the NAP site and remain subject to copyright laws.
» NCBI Bookshelf
- NCBI Bookshelf National Center for Biotechnology Information’s Bookshelf site provides free access to books and documents in life science and healthcare.
» Project Gutenberg
- Project Gutenberg is a top destination for free ebooks on the web. It’s a first ebook initiative in the world, established by Michael S. Hart in 1971. Over 44,000 publications were digitized by PG volunteers and are available for download (.mobi and .epub, among other formats) and to read online. What’s more, over 100,000 free ebooks are available through Project Gutenberg’s partners and affiliates.
» Public Domain Books
- More lists...Check out this list of sites that offer free public domain books in electronic and audio format.
|Open Access Journals||OA Search Engines|