CAS students who wish to visit other university libraries may request Library Referral Letter from the CAS College Librarian. The Referral Letters are required by host libraries before they will allow you to use their resources and facilities. Some libraries accept visitors on specific days only. It is your duty to check whether researchers are allowed during your scheduled visit.
UP Manila is part of the South Manila Educational Consortium, a group of higher educational institutions in the southern portion of Manila. SMEC institutional members waive library fee charges to visiting students from other members. However, non-members are charging library research fees.
1. Fill-out the online form (cut-off 3:00 pm).
(Requests made after 3:00 PM and/or during weekend will be processed the following business day.)
2. After filling out the online form, proceed to the office of the CAS Librarian for interview.
3. Present your UP ID card for identification. (Make sure your ID card is countersigned during the current Semester else you will not be issued a referral letter.)
4. Your college librarian will review your request and may ask you some basic questions to determine the purpose of your visit.
5. The Librarian then print and sign your Library Referral Letter.
Notice: You are bound to follow the Rules and Regulations of the host library. Please be guided accordingly.